LaDuca's Works

A glimpse into the mind of me

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Winter Blues

Originally posted- Feb 24, 2008

As all of you may know, winter can be a harsh time of the year. Christmas has come and gone, leaving credit card debt, sadness, and a bleak outlook that winter is going no where. I took a job up in Madison WI this past August with high hopes of change. Well, to be quit frank, there was plenty of change, just not all good. It seems that this winter has been the worst in many years. Now coming from Chicago I thought, hell, how much different can it be, winter is winter, right? Not a chance! It seems that something called salt is absent from the roads which puts anyone with a rear wheel drive car in a pickle. Not to mention the fact that plowing up here is rearly done correctly. What's interesting about this is that I hear native Wisconsin-ites (is that right?) complaining about the roads as well. Then there is the forecast. Why must they always say light flurries? When I hear light flurries I hear that snow won't be sticking but it will be flurrying outside. Not likely here. Light flurries actually seems to mean 2-4 inches of snow, and I do hear light flurries alot. Ahh well, we all face the winter blues some times and all we can say is that winter is half way through, atleast for me from what I understand! So go outside, build a snowman, go sledding and remember that Spring is closer then it may seem.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home