LaDuca's Works

A glimpse into the mind of me

Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Secret of life

Shhhh, can you keep a secret....I know the secret of life. Now I know what your thinking, pshhh how did this person acquire such valuable information? Let me tell you, I saw it in a movie, I have heard it in a song, and I have seen it all my life. It wasn't until I put it all together that I realized that there isn't much more to life than this answer. Before I get to telling you this awesome answer I want to talk about a whole bunch of little things, simple things that move life along.
Sometimes life grows overwhelming, out of control, or even unpredictable. There are often times when we all find ourselves scratching our heads and wondering...How! or Why! How could this happen? How can I fix this? Why me? These are questions that we all face, we all ponder as we scratch our head trying to figure out the next step? Baby steps? or taking a long stride and just hope that where your foot lands will be safe? Regardless of either of these approaches (there is no right or wrong step) there is always going to be something you can appreciate. I know that sounds crazy! I mean, lets say you took a giant stride forward only to end up in a deep puddle. How in the world is there something to appreciate from that? What good can come from getting your foot soaking wet and cold? The little things I suppose. Take in stride the idea that you still have one dry foot! I bet that thought didn't even cross your mind! Take in consideration that your foot will eventually dry and you will find your next step regardless. All I am trying to say is that you should always try and see things from a different perspective, maybe a simpler perspective.
Why am I talking about such craziness! Well I started thinking about all of this after watching the Christmas Carol and realizing that here is this man, a terrible awful man that treats everyone with little to no respect because he is so involved in himself. Even when he sees Marley he blames some spoiled meat instead of the fact that maybe someone's reaching out to help him. Then it hit me even harder! This story is not only brilliant, but I am pretty sure everyone can take something from it. I took that it is never to late to change. Scrooge put both feet in a puddle for many many years yet he found himself stepping forward eventually, drying his shoes and finding what he was looking for. It was the simple things in life, the little things that eased his pain ultimately. I can't say I blame him to be honest because he actually found the secret of life.
Oh man, did you just read that! I almost gave the secret of life away, man that would have been bad and a giveaway. Maybe by now you have already figured out what that secret is, or have some idea what that secret might be. Take a look around your life. Look at your friends, your family, or someone close to you. There is something there that is unconditional for the most part. Its love. Yeah, I said it....love. It's corny and cheesy and awesome and powerful. Wars have been fought, hearts have been broken, life has been created with this notion of love. Scrooge found it when he was visited by the three ghost and was shown how people viewed him. Regardless of how rotten he might have been to his nephew or Bob, they still toasted to his health.
So keep that in mind, the thought of how awesome love is because if all else fails in life, there are people who love you, even if you don't know it. So this holiday season, spread that secret around...lets try and not make it a secret! That is what everyone needs to do! Donate to a shelter, work on a food drive, hug, wave, smile, and kiss the people you love! Spread this secret this holiday season and remember all the little things while your spreading your love around!

Happy holidays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home