LaDuca's Works

A glimpse into the mind of me

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hopes, Dreams, and Dirty Socks

You ever wonder where dreams go to pass away? Not those dreams that you have while your sleeping that seem to, more often then not, confuse ones restless night. Rather the dreams that we have as children of what we want to be? As children we aspire to reach the top of some sort of ladder whether it be as an astronaut, the president, a doctor or a teacher that seemed to influence us one way or another. I had an idea about this today, something that just simply crossed my mind and on its way of crossing it tripped and dug in deep. What did I want to be growing up? Really? This was actually harder then I thought. I knew I had my strong point and I new I had my weak points, my weakest being spelling and math. I thought back to what I wanted to do growing up, all my dreams seemed way out of this world. "oh I want to be a journalist!" What? Yeah believe it or not, that crossed my head today as something that I aspired to be. That faded away around 7th grade when I realized that I loved to write, just not about anything truly relavent to most peoples lives, oh and as I mentioned earlier, I sucked at spelling. What else could I be? "Oh I could be an artist!" I was pretty good at art, drew a lot, mostly superheroes and dragons and god knows what else. But I never knew of an artist that got paid and could make a living off their art. "Ohh, I want to make videogames!" HAHAHAH, yeah what 12 year old didn't want to make videogames. So as with anything, time passes and a 12 year old grows up. Little league ends, ones childhood simply fades into a high school life.

PAUSE- did you see it happen? Did you see where most peoples dreams go to pass away peacefully?

It seems that adulthood has a way of creeping up on children. It happens to all of us. One day we are playing four square in Mrs. Layer the dragon slayer class, (yeah we were young and it rhymed and she was our gym teacher!) and the next minute we are worried about money, responsibilites, life, fitting in, and what the hell we have to do to stay a float. What is interesting about this is that the simpliest of ideas as a child actually could be fruitfull as a career, but most people never can retrieve their dreams from the futhest corner of childhood thoughts where those dreams fade off.

What we are left with instead of dreams is hope. I hope that it all works out. I hope we can pay the bills, I hope so and so likes me. This isn't a bad quality, we all as humans, tend to lean on hope at our most dire times. It's this hope that helps us move forward.

Let's think about this all. I have just regurgitated a lot of useless crap.

A break down if you will: As children we all dream. Yet somewhere along the way, we are either told that those dreams are just as they are, dreams. Or we simply pack those silly dreams away and hope that tomorrow will bring something fruitfull for that day. Fair enough. So I want you to think about something. Think about what you dreamed to be. Think about if you got close or if you are actually living it! Think about anyone who is trying to live their dream. They may need help, words of wisdom, an ear to listen, and most of all encouragement. There is simply nothing finer then realizing a dream and setting out on high hopes. And nothing finer to help someone who may need to find their way back to those dreams

Oh yeah, dirty socks- they suck! When you end up running out of clean sucks and you have to throw on a dirty pair (dont ask its been a hectic week) they never seem to fit the same. Thats all I have on dirty socks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home